87 Employers to attend Jan. 28 Agri-Industry Career Fair
January 21, 2015
Posted by on
It’s that time of the year when the internship application frenzy kicks into full gear. Whether it’s required to complete a degree or just to build personal experience, students are searching for their perfect-fit internship and the Agri-Industry Career Fair is the best way for College of Agriculture students to shape their summer plans.
Open from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. on Wednesday, January 28, in the Student Union Ballroom, the career fair will feature 87 employers, including many sought out companies like Cargill, CHS, Land O’ Lakes, Farm Credit and more (see the full list here).
How can students prepare to attend the career fair?
- Utilize the “Career Closet” of gently used professional attire to dress to impress! Available Monday, Jan. 26, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. in the Union Courtyard. Discover how to best dress to impress here.
- Make a first impression the employer won’t forget – it is important to exude confidence and be able to exhibit personal strengths.
- Build and/or update your resume and print off several copies to hand out to interested employers.
- Map out the employers to visit and be knowledgeable about the operation of the company; this allows you to ask critical questions and better understand what the employer is looking for.
- Take notes at each booth you visit and try to collect business cards or pamphlets.
- Visit the drop-in resume critique at the College of Agriculture Welcome Back Social on Tuesday, Jan. 27, from 5:30-8:00 in Waters 106.
See the Career and Employment Services full list of tips here.
Contact Mary Ellen Barkley with career fair questions at email@example.com or (785) 532- 1680.