Dates have been set for the 65th Annual Kansas Income Tax Institute, designed to provide information on current tax law and regulations, including recent rulings. The two-day training will be offered in eight locations across the state.
The institute, sponsored by K-State Research and Extension, is coordinated by Kansas State University’s Department of Agricultural Economics.
“This year’s program will review recent cases and rulings and key legislation,” said extension agricultural economist Rich Llewelyn. “It will cover newly-enacted regulations and procedures critical to tax practitioners, and practical information to facilitate the filing of individual, small business, and farm tax returns.”
Presenters include Roger McEowen, director of the Iowa State University Center for Agricultural Law and Taxation, and speakers representing the Internal Revenue Service and the Kansas Department of Revenue, as well as several accounting professionals.
Locations and dates for each institute include:
• Kansas City area (Overland Park) – Oct. 29-30 – Ritz Charles, 9000 W. 137th St.;
• Topeka – Oct. 30-31 – Ramada Downtown, 420 S.E. 6th St.;
• Garden City – Nov. 5-6 – Clarion Inn, 1911 E. Kansas Ave.;
• Colby – Nov. 6-7 – Comfort Inn, 2227 S. Range;
• Hays – Nov. 7-8 – Ft. Hays State University, Memorial Union Ballroom, 600 Park St.;
• Wichita – Dec. 2-3 – Marriott Wichita, 9100 Corporate Hills Dr.;
• Salina – Dec. 3-4 – Ramada, 1616 W. Crawford; and
• Pittsburg – Dec. 11-12 – Pittsburg State University, Overman Student Center, 1701 S. Broadway.
Continuing education credits for individuals in the accounting, legal, real estate, and tax return preparation professions are available.
The fee to attend is $250 for the full conference, which includes the 2013 Federal Tax Workbook, lunch on-site both days and refreshments. The fee to attend one day is $200.
More detailed information is available at http://www.agmanager.info/events/Tax%20Institute/2013.asp or by contacting Llewelyn at 785-532-1504 or email@example.com.
Story by: Mary Lou Peter