Risk & Profit Conference Early Registration Deadline Coming Up
August 7, 2013
Posted by on
Grain Markets and Renewable Fuel Standards Topic of Keynote Address
MANHATTAN, Kan. – Aug. 15 is the early registration deadline for Kansas State University’s annual Risk & Profit Conference, which will be Aug. 21-22 at the K-State Alumni Center in Manhattan.
University of Illinois professor of agricultural economics, Scott Irwin, will give the keynote address, “Grain Markets and the RFS (Renewable Fuel Standards): All Eyes on the EPA.”
Northwest Kansas farmer, Terry Kastens, who is a K-State emeritus professor of agricultural economics, will present “A Conversation with a Kansas Producer” after the Wednesday evening meal.
Conference participants will be able to attend eight of the 20 breakout sessions, which include:
- Short-dated corn and soybean options;
- Inefficient Commodity and Equity Markets and Why Most Economists Drive Dodge Neons;
- The Farm Bill and Crop Insurance;
- Tackling Big Issues in the U.S. Cattle Industry: An Interactive Clicker Session;
- Strategic Risk Management;
- Are the Most Profitable Farms Consistently the Most Profitable?;
- There is More to an Estate Plan Than a Will or Trust; and
- Rural Grocery Initiative.
The fee for the full conference is $210 per person if paid by Aug. 15, and $230 after that date. The rate for a second person from the same farm or business is $190 for the full conference (by Aug. 15). The fee includes access to all sessions, four meals, a CD of all conference proceedings and parking. Partial conference rates are available for those who can only attend one day.
More information, including online registration, is available at Kansas State University’s annual Risk & Profit Conference. Information also is available by contacting Llewelyn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-532-1504.
Story by: Mary Lou Peter
K-State Research & Extension News